True to New Year form, I recently made a bunch of goals. These are your typical i-need-to-get-my-act-together type of goals. They're so mundane I had to give each one an accompanying incentive in the hopes of upping my motivation - which is genius by the way. But after seeing this post from my blog-maven sister I wanted to rethink my strategy. At the end of this year I'm going to turn 25! What the swear word. How can I consider myself a well-rounded quarter centenarian if I haven't even mastered basic nail polish techniques and I don't know what happens to the Huxtables?! Cue the additional list of goals that are, what do you know, their own reward! Also since this may be our only full year in Phoenix it's semi-doubling as a mini Phoenix to-do list.
- Bake a souffle
- Learn to give myself a decent manicure
- Read 5 classics
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Send out a Christmas card
- Finish watching all seasons of The Cosby Show
- Can some fresh produce
- Go to a Diamondbacks game
- Perfect the layer cake
- Watch a meteor shower
- Buy and decorate a Christmas tree
- Actually watch the original Star Wars movies
- Make a door wreath
- Grow an herb garden
- Run my fifth 10k
- Create a coffee table book from my Jerusalem photos
- Join a produce co-op
- Go to Disneyland
- Figure out what works and what doesn't for my hair - cuts, styling, etc.
- Float the Salt River
- Round out our living room picture wall
- Send someone a hand-written letter
- Curate my recipe collection
- Travel to Thailand!
The Mayans better not short me on time though. If the apocalypse happens December 21 I won't get to cash in on all my boring goal rewards. Unacceptable!
The hardest of these for me would be the five classics, lol. I have such a hard time getting through them I could probably only get two done in a year!
ReplyDeleteDid you make this list as a belated birthday gift to me? I know what you really meant when you made this list was that you want to bake a souffle for me, while you give me the perfect at home manicure and feed me grapes from your produce co-op, while floating the Salt River in Thailand! Say what? Okay, so maybe I read your list a little bit selfishly because there's a lot of things I'd love to do with you on that list. For the realsies, let's join a produce co-op and give each other manicures while we peer into the Grand Canyon. Apocalypse or not, this year is going to be banging.
ReplyDeleteThis list is fantastic! I'll definitely willingly be the recipient of #22. And #24 sounds so exciting! I'm also thinking maybe you could blog more? That would be really rewarding for ME and then I might consider returning the favor. (prob not, though)
ReplyDelete@Ashley - Haha, maybe I was overzealous with that one. I'm already planning on having a loose interpretation of "classics" though.
ReplyDelete@Allison- Blogging may or may not fall under my incentivized mundane goals. I highly recommend the system. It's revolutionary. Also, you should consider stopping by Kennewick February 23-25! Tempted?
lkasjdflkjsadlfkj! We'll be there the next weekend! You've GOT to be kidding me.
ReplyDeleteMeet in the middle?
ReplyDeleteKira! This is Erin your long lost food science friend. I follow your blog! I hope that isn't weird... This is the best idea ever! So many of those things are things I would also love to do before I'm 25! I think I might have to make my own list :) I hope you're doing well!
ReplyDelete@Erin - Long time, no talk! But no worries because true confession, I loo at your blog too. Your little boy is super cute by the way!
ReplyDelete