Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Status Update

It's less than six months until I turn 25, and thus it's the halfway point of my 24 Before 25 goal list. Crazy. So here is an update of some progress I've made from the list. 
  • Learn to give myself a decent manicure - Check! I'm judging this on right hands only. Why? Because I can. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear really helped me out with this. Inexpensive and good colors at Le Target.
  • Read 5 classics - Gone With the Wind, check. Four to go. Suggestions?
  • Finish watching all seasons of The Cosby Show - Check! The public library came through in a big way for us. One day they were on order by the system, the next they were on display in the new materials section with a heavenly halo of light shining upon them. (Or was that just florescent lights?) Nathan and I laughed, we cried, we fell in love with Theo/Denise (respectively), and we basically want to be Cliff and Clair. Huxtables for life.
  • Go to a Diamondbacks game - Check! We lived large from our top balcony seats, eating value hot dogs, basking in the air-conditioned stadium and using our good luck charm selves to ensure a win for the home team. Bonus - the after game fireworks looked awesome from our semi-nosebleed vantage point.
  • Make a door wreath - Half finished, sitting on our porch. Working up the motivation to make a last trip to Hob Lob.
  • Grow an herb garden Try and grow an herb. - Check! Our apartment is north facing and gets zero(!) direct sunlight, so growing plants = impossible. But I tried. Goodness, I tried.I even put my little plant in the car when I went to work so it could get some sun, but it quickly fried up in the heat.
  • Run my fifth sixth 10k - I realized I've actually run five already. Planning on substituting this with a 40 mile bike race with my SILs. That I am not really going to train for. Ha!
  • Join a produce co-op - Check! The ever popular Bountiful Baskets is treating me right. It even made me face my lifelong fear/loathing for mushrooms. I cooked, I ate, I conquered. Veni vidi, fungi. 
  • Figure out what works and what doesn't for my hair - cuts, styling, etc. - Check! Well, I feel like I'm learning. I'm embracing the wave in my hair and just being less lazy when it comes to actually doing something with it. 
  • Float the Salt River - Check! - We may have been the only sober ones for miles but we went and we floated our hearts out. I even got to bust out my Chacos for it. Any activity with Chacos involved is a win in my book.




5 comments:

  1. This made me lol for days. #wittastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You gotta love a good "Check!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you consider classics? 1984 and Brave New World were pretty good. I couldn't get five CLASSIC classics done, they just take too much. Utopia was good too, but the old English made it seem a lot longer than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good form. I've been meaning to do a similar post. Classics, you say? Jane Eyre? Also, you are showing your list who is boss. I could take a page out of your book. And we still need to see the Grand Canyon together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You started with Gone With the Wind?! There's really nothing more epic than that. Have you read the Twilight series?

    ReplyDelete